- Initiate a return at our returns portal here
- Type in your order number and zipcode
- Request return shipping label – customer to receive store credit minus the cost to ship unless returning due to shipping damage or other product defect/issue
- Please return the product in its original packaging or something comparable to ensure it is protected during shipping from damage.
- For expensive items, we always recommend adding insurance.
- Include the return label inside and tape to outside packaging
- For damaged items please provide photos. You can send these to us one chat or by email. See below how to return damaged or defective products.
- Return Shipping Address: Fat Stitch LLC, Returns Department: 5100-B1, #318, Clayton Rd, Concord, CA 94521
- Customer will receive store credit minus the cost to ship unless returning due to shipping damage or other product defect/issue
- We will cover the cost for replacing damaged/defective items unless the items are required to go through warranty claims direct to the manufacturer. Either way, there will be no cost to you outside of your time.
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 925-504-9490 | Click to chat in the bottom right-hand corner of any page on our website. Please leave a telephone number and/or email with your order number for us to get back to you when someone comes available. Responses are typically within immediate-24 hours.
To best serve folks who are busy during day, we have created a work- or busy-friendly schedule:
- M-F 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM PST
- Sat 11 AM – 10 PM PST
- Sun 11 AM – 10 PM PST
Feel free to leave a message on chat, e-mail, or phone and someone will respond ASAP! Tip: Chat text or phone is the easiest and fastest.
Sale items that were sold at a deep discount and Clearance items are sold as ‘final sale’ and therefore we cannot offer exchanges.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. We cannot give store credit for products sent to the wrong address.
Returns for damaged or defective products
We take every care to properly protect our items from damage during shipping. That said, should you receive a package that was damaged during shipping we will replace the item for you. Simply go to our returns portal and we will issue you a no-hassle returns label. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com, or ping us on chat for help. We will do our best to replace the damaged item you ordered at no cost to you.
Please note that specialty items like fabric with limited availability, may no longer be available. In that case, we will contact you with a recommendation for a comparable substitution or give you the option for store credit.
For items damaged in shipping, we require a photo of the damaged box and corresponding damage to the product as a result of the carrier’s mishandling of the product. This will serve as proof of shipping damage. This is required for all exchanges due to shipping damage to help us file a claim with the carrier should we need or want to.
Before returning the item, please be sure to take and provide photos of both the box and the product. For your convenience, you can send us photos through chat on our site or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exempt from returns
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
There are certain situations where only partial credits are granted:
- Book with obvious signs of use
- Items that have been opened.
- Any item not in its original condition is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Due to the nature of our business, we don’t offer refunds for returned purchases. It can be very tricky rehoming fabric, threads, and other textile items from a quilt shops, therefore we want to offer the best possible solution for all of our customers.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of store credit and in rare cases, a refund.
If you are approved, then your credit will be processed, and will automatically be applied to your account within a certain amount of days.
Only regular-priced items may be returned. Sale items cannot be returned.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send the store credit to the gift giver and they will find out about your return.
To return your product, please mail the items to: 5100-B1, #318, Clayton Rd, Concord, CA 94521.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund or credit, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund or credit.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
We recommend always using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We can’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item so these measures help protect your return.
How We Process Your Return
We credit the cost of the returned merchandise, minus shipping, as soon as we receive and process the return shipment. We will send you an email to confirm that the return has been completed on our end. Refunds are in the form of store credit. Customizable fabric bundles and custom-made-to-order products purchased online cannot be returned.
Send us a message below, leave a message on chat, send us an email at email@example.com for questions about your order or returns.